WEB DESIGN & WEB DEVELOPMENT
Top 7 Programming Languages for Web Development
With constant advancements in web technology, it is important for every business to have a functional and appealing web presence to generate sales. Continually improving a website is imperative in today’s world of web development and it needs to address all forms of social media. Web programming is integral to the dynamic world of website development. This article looks at the most popular languages for web development.
Explaining Web Development
The World Wide Web continues to evolve as it reaches every village around the globe. In recent times, a couple of streams of web development have emerged. Front-end development – also referred to as client-side development – targets the part of the web with which users interact. Back-end – alias server-side – web development deals with the ‘unseen’ things of the internet running in the background, web apps, scripts and databases for example. Full stack web developers are the magicians that know every aspect of web development.
Top 7 Languages for Web Development
Next, we focus on what is hot in terms of web development, as we look at the preferred tools of the trade.
1. Java – It may be old by computing standards, but Java remains the most popular web development language. This object-oriented code is extremely versatile and works on any platform. It has set the standard in web development. First designed with interactive TV in mind, it has definitely moved out of the box!
2. Python – While most popular as a backend language, Python is also gripping as a beginner language because it is easy to learn. Its popularity guarantees that this all-purpose language has a healthy outlook going forward.
4. CSS / HTML – Computer geeks love their acronyms so we will spell these two out. First, HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). This is the language of web browsers and the backbone of every website. Then, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) makes a web page look cool – remember those awful sites from yesterday before CSS arrived!
5. C++ – This object-oriented and somewhat technical web development language has been in use since 1979. It is a cornerstone in the back-end development world. It is particularly useful in generating high-performance routines. C++ developers will take naturally to C.
6. PHP – An HTML-embedded scripting language used to form dynamic web pages quickly. PHP is a popular choice for both front and back-end developers.
7. C – Similar to C++, C is an old-school language, easily compiled, and has a general purpose. It is the most widely used programming platform that offers building elements for other languages like C++, Python, and Java.
There are many other popular web development languages available and in everyday use. These include wacky names like GO, RUBY, and SQL. We hope we have helped you in our mission to help you better understand a small part of the world of languages for web development.